Handmade Vegan Fettuccine Pasta
There is nothing quite like fresh homemade, handmade pasta.This Easy Recipe for Handmade Vegan Fettuccine Pasta Recipe is dedicated to all the pasta lovers out there. Not only is this super easy, it has no white flour or egg but has the goodness of Semolina and Beetroot.
Dried pasta is easily available everywhere. But making fresh Pasta with your own hands is a special experience. Normally egg is an essential ingredient for fresh pasta dough. Here I am sharing an egg free version. Adding Beetroot lends a vibrant color and earthy flavor.
Once you have the basic pasta dough ready, make pasta in any shape that you want. I chose fettuccine since it is not only easy to make, it is also super quick. And hence by spending just a few minutes, at least 8 servings will be ready in no time.
Use this Beet Fettuccine for any Pasta Recipe of your choice. You can even cut broad strips and use them as Lasagna sheets.
If you have a Pasta Machine, try using the same dough to make spaghetti.
History of Pasta
Pasta is one of the world’s most accessible foods. Nearly every country has its own unique version of this popular, inexpensive staple. In Germany and Hungary they have spaetzles. In Greeze, orzo. In Poland, they enjoy pocket-like pierogi. Ashkenazi Jewish families make kreplach dumplings. And in America, pasta is prepared and served similarly to the way it is found in Italy– with the exception of all-American spaghetti and meatballs. In fact, when many of us think of pasta we think of Italian food, and most people believe that it originated there. While pasta is traditionally Italian, it actually has a very ancient history that makes it almost impossible to know who came up with the dish first.
You may please check some other main course recipes of mine here.
Lets get set to make this Easy Recipe for Handmade Vegan Fettuccine Pasta this festive season which is definitely a crowd pleaser recipe.
Handmade Vegan Fettuccine Pasta
For Fresh Fettuccine Pasta
- 1½ cups Diced Beetroots.
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 cups Fine Semolina or Chiroti Rava. If you can not find fine Semolina, then grind regular coarse Semolina and use.
- 1 Litre Water
For Spinach Mushroom Sauteed Fettuccini
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Garlic.
- 1 small Onion. Finely chopped.
- 1 cup Sliced Shiitake Mushroom.
- 2 tbsp Red Cooking Wine.
- 200 gms Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
To drizzle on top
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese.
How to make Beetroot Fettuccine
- Peel skin off two medium sized Beetroots.
- Cut into cubes.
- Measure 1.5 cups.
- Put in a Pressure cooker or any Pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of Water. If using open Pan, add more water.
- Cover and cook for 5 whistles. If using a pan, then cook till Beetroots turn tender.
- Let cool for sometime.
- Add cooked beetroots to a Blender and make a fine puree.
- Take it out in a wide vessel.
- Add Salt.
- Add enough Semolina flour to form a stiff dough.
- Add Semolina in Batches because depending on the consistency of puree, you may need more or less Semolina.
- Make a stiff dough.
- Apply some oil to the dough.
- Cover and keep aside for about an hour.You can even refrigerate the dough till the time of making.
- Take out the dough and divide into 4 parts.
- Dust the surface with some semolina where you plan to role out the dough.
- Roll out the dough into a thin sheet.
- Roll out as thin as possible.
- Make a fan fold to the sheet .
- Cut into thin strips.
- Open each strip to form a long ribbon.
- Sprinkle some semolina on prepared pastas to prevent them from sticking.
- Heat enough water in a pan. Atleast about 1 litre.
- Add a tsp of Salt to Water.
- When Boil comes, drop prepared pastas into water one by one.
- Within 4-5 minutes, pastas will float on top which indicates that they are cooked.
- The pastas should be cooked al dente meaning it should be slightly undercooked. Make sure to take it out at this point and keep aside.
- Now your Basic fresh pasta is ready. Use it in any recipe of your choice.
Pasta Recipe using Beet Fettuccine
- Heat some olive oil in a pan.
- Add finely chopped Garlic and saute.
- Add finely chopped Onions and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add fresh Oregano or any herb of your choice.
- Add sliced Shiitake Mushroom. you can use any vegetable of your choice in place of Mushroom like Zucchini or Carrots.
- Add some salt which will help Mushroom to cook faster.
- Add 2 tbsp of Red cooking wine. This is optional.
- Add 2 cups of baby Spinach.
- Add cooked pasta and toss gently.
- Take out in a serving dish. Drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Enjoy a healthy, vegan, handmade pasta.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories199
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.08g 1%
- Sodium 301.16mg 13%
- Potassium 138.57mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10%
- Sugars 0.86g
- Protein 6.83g 14%
- Vitamin C 1%
- Calcium 1%
- Iron 5%
- Magnesium 7%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
You must be logged in to post a comment.