Healthy Multigrain Cookies, Eggless, No Refined Flour
fitnfastrecipes is happy to present a simple and delicious recipe for Healthy Multigrain Cookies, Eggless, and contain No Refined Flour.
Treat your entire family to this power packed dose of health and wholesome wellness.
This recipe combines all healthy and wholesome ingredients to make this easy cookie which is same as the Jaggery Cookies, Multigrain Shortbread Cookies, Nachni Cookies, Healthy Breakfast Cookies.
These cookies are similar to Traditional shortbread cookies or Indian style Nan Khatai. But what makes this recipe stand out is the fact that in place of unhealthy ingredients, I have used wholesome and healthy ingredients . For example In place of refined flour, I have used Finger Millet flour. In place of refined sugar I have used Jaggery.
Key Ingredients used:
The key ingredient for these Healthy Multigrain Cookies, Eggless, No Refined Flour or Traditional shortbread cookies or Indian style Nan Khatai is Finger Millet.
Finger Millet has different names in different states. Like Korai, Kezhvaragu, Ragi, Nachni, Madua.
Finger Millet is packed with nutrition.It is an important staple food in India for people of low income groups. Nutritionally, its importance is well recognised because of its high content of calcium (0.38%), dietary fiber (18%) and phenolic compounds (0.3–3%). They are also recognized for their health beneficial effects, such as anti-diabetic, anti-tumerogenic, atherosclerogenic effects, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
This cookie uses other flours like chickpea flour, Semolina and wholewheat. All these are nutrient dense ingredients.
The other major factor which makes these cookies healthier is use of jaggery as a sweetener in this recipe rather than white sugar.
Jaggery is a natural sweetener and has been a great go-to ingredient in India since time immemorial.”
Make and store these cookies. Keep them handy as a grab and go snak.They stay well at least for a week outside.
These are the best alternative for post school snack or school snack as they do not have any refined flour . The other ingredients used in this cookie have a low glycemic index. Hence these cookies are suitable for all age groups.
So lets learn to make these Healthy Multigrain Cookies which are Eggless, and have No Refined Flour.
Please also check some healthy cakes of mine here.
Healthy Multigrain Cookies, Eggless, No Refined Flourfitnfastrecipes
- ¾ cup Finger Millet Flour. Also known as Nachani, Ragi,Madua Kezhvaragu flour.
- ½ cup Chickpea flour. Also known as Besan.
- ¼ cup Semolina. Also known as Suji or Rava.
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour. Can use regular chapati flour.
- ¾ cup Jaggery powder
- ¾ cup Ghee. Should be at room temperature.
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda.
- Preheat Oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Mix Ghee and Jaggery together. Mix till well combined.
- Add All flours and mix.
- Mix properly.
- At the end, add soda and mix.
- Knead once using hands.
- Take small gooseberry size balls.
- Roll in between palms and slightly flatten.
- Arrange in a lined Cookie Sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy these healthy cookies as snack or as a complete Breakfast.
14 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories218
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7.34g 37%
- Cholesterol 36.45mg 13%
- Sodium 5.69mg 1%
- Potassium 2mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.26g 6%
- Sugars 11.9g
- Protein 2.36g 5%
- Calcium 1%
- Iron 4%
- Magnesium 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
You must be logged in to post a comment.