Almond Moringa Crescent Cookies
This is an easy, Vegan, Gluten free recipe for Almond Moringa Crescent Cookies which is a slight variation to the famous Almond Crescent cookies. This Vegan and Gluten free recipe includes the goodness of moringa or drumstick leaves.
Almond Crescent cookies are basic tea time cookies. Normally APF or Almond flour is the key ingredient for making these cookies. But here, I have added some powdered dried Moringa or Drumstick Leaves. Adding Moringa leaves lends a vibrant green color to the cookies and at the same time, increases the nutrient quotient .
Quantity wise, 2 tbsp of Moringa Powder will yield about 2 cups of fresh Moringa or Drumstick Leaves.
Another speciality about these cookies is that they are vegan and gluten free and the best part is that it requires just seven basic ingredients.
This recipe will make about 13 cookies and each cookie has 84 Kcal with 4 grams of Carb and 2 grams of Protein.
Moringa Leaves stick out as a superfood. The name Moringa derives from the Malayalam word muringo which in-turn derived from the Tamil word murungai from southern India. Moringa or drumstick is a popular vegetable consumed in every state of India.
Hope you will try this easy recipe for Almond Moringa Crescent Cookies and let me know your experience.
Also, if you are looking for more healthier cookies, the you may check some more cookies recipe of mine here
Almond Moringa Crescent Cookiesfitnfastrecipes
- Standard cup measuring 240 ML
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet or flat baking pan to bake the cookies
- ¾ cup Almond Flour Please use Almond Flour which is a finer flour and is different from Almond Meal.
- 2 tbsp Moringa or Drumstick Leaves Powder You can use store bought powder or you can grind dried leaves and use. You will need about a cup of dried leaves which will yield 2 tbsp after grinding.
- 3 tbsp Raw Cane sugar or any other dry sweetener of your choice.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil at room temperature. Use Butter or Ghee for Non Vegan Option.
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Finely chopped Walnuts or any other nuts of your choice.
- 2 tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener or Icing Sugar to coat the cookies.
- Add all ingredients to a Bowl
- Knead to make a soft dough. Initially the dough will appear crumbly but within 2-3 minutes of kneading, everything will start coming together.
- Make Crescent shaped cookies.
- Arrange in a lined cookie sheet. Please don't grease the parchment paper otherwise the cookies may get burnt underneath.
- Bake at a preheated oven @325°F/160°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Coat the cookies with some Monk Fruit Sweetener or Icing Sugar.
- Enjoy a healthy vegan gluten free snack.
13 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories84
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.01g 16%
- Sodium 17.08mg 1%
- Potassium 43.33mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.51g 3%
- Sugars 3.21g
- Protein 1.78g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.