Eggless,Whole Wheat, Zucchini Bread
Lets learn to make a nourishing vegetarian breakfast with an Easy, Eggless, Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread. This is perfect for a nutritious snack or a wholesome breakfast.Includes healthy ingredients like Wholewheat flour and Zucchini. Due to its high water content, Zucchini helps to keep the bread moist and soft. This bread has been made using whole wheat which offers a complete package of health benefits.
This recipe is for one loaf of about 16 slices.
This eggless, wholewheat ,zucchini bread is very easy to make and can be prepared in advance and consumed over 3-4 days as a make ahead snack or breakfast.
Zucchini, also known as courgette, is a summer squash. Check the benefit of Zucchini here.
Since this Bread is made with whole wheat, it is fibre rich and provides a feeling of fullness with fewer calories. This makes this eggless wholewheat zucchini bread an bread an excellent choice for Breakfast .Any whole grain offers great health advantages.
This eggless, whole wheat, Zucchini bread also has the added advantage of Banana and Honey. You can also try this recipe to put an overripe Banana or surplus. Zucchini to good use.
This can also be carried easily while you are traveling since this Bread stays moist and soft for 3-4 days.
I have used only 1/2 cup honey since I prefer less sweetness in my bread. Plus I have added 1 tsp of salt which helps balance sweetness. But if you want more sweetness, you can increase the quantity of honey upto 3/4 Cup.
For a Vegan version, you may substitute honey with maple syrup. Believe me, the bread tastes equally delicious with maple syrup.
Please also check my other recipes under Breads and Cakes category.
Please also check my recipe for Fudgy Eggless Brownie [with Millet]
Eggless,Wholewheat, Zucchini Bread
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini Should be loosely packed. Don't squeeze moisture out.
- ½ Cup Mashed Banana
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Nos Flax Egg 1 Flax Egg = 1 Tbsp Flax Meal + 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Wholewheat Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnut
- ¼ Cup Cranberry
- Preheat Oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Line and grease an 8×4 Loaf Pan.
- Make Flax Egg by Mixing 1 Tbsp Flax Meal with 3 Tbsp Water. Keep aside for 10 minutes. It will turn sticky and have Gel like consistency after 10 minutes.
- Grate 2 medium sized Zucchinis. After Grating, measure 2 cups loosely. Don't squeeze moisture out.
- Take Grated Zucchini in a mixing bowl. Add ½ cup Mashed Banana.
- Add Honey,Cinnamon Powder, Salt, Flax Egg and Vanilla extract
- Mix all wet ingredients gently.
- Add Whole Wheat Flour, Baking powder, Baking Soda and chopped Walnuts.
- Mix everything gently.
- Pour in the lined Loaf Pan.Tap twice to remove Air bubbles.
- Sprinkle Cranberries or any nuts of your choice on top.
- Bake in a preheated Oven for about 70 minutes at 350° F/180°C.
- Insert Toothpick to check if Bread is Baked. The Toothpick should be clear.
- Unmould on a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut slices of about 1/2 inch thickness and enjoy.
16 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories182
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 309mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.