No Knead No Roll Aloo Paratha, Liquid Dough Paratha|Trending Recipe
The No Knead No Roll Aloo Paratha, made with Liquid Dough is a trending recipe gone viral. So the recipe credit for this recipe goes to all those viral videos. I have simply tried the method as shown to make this liquid Dough Paratha with a little variation in the ingredients.
This recipe will make about 7 Parathas (6 inches in Diameter). Each Paratha has 149 calories with 30 grams of Carb and 4.7 grams of Protein .
It is debatable whether this paratha is exactly the same in Taste and texture as the traditionally rolled paratha. Personally I did not find any difference in the taste or the texture. One thing which I noticed is that even though this is an easy and hassle free method, it takes an equal amount of time to cook each paratha. So this is certainly not time saving. But yes, it is a One-Bowl recipe so can be quickly turned out without any special kitchen tool. Plus it gives you some free time while the paratha is cooking to do other stuff in the kitchen unlike the traditional paratha making process, where your hands are continuously engaged. And since you use liquid dough, all parathas will be perfectly round and puffed up. So anyone without Roti making skill can also make this recipe.
Please try this viral recipe for the No knead No Roll Aloo Paratha and let me know how you found this experience. You can add seasoning as per your choice. I have presented the basic recipe here.
Another thing to note is that this recipe comes out well only in Non Stick Pan. I tried making it in a cast iron pan but did not get the desired result.
Paratha or Aloo Paratha needs no introduction for Indians. Paratha is a staple diet in India. You can now more about Paratha by clicking here.
Since you are here, please check some more main course recipes of mine and leave your comment to let me know if you tried any.
No Knead No Roll Aloo Paratha
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ cup Grated Boiled Potatoes
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves. Very finely chopped
- 1½ cups Water
- Add all ingredients for the dough in a Bowl. Mix well using a fork or a whisk.
- Heat a non stick Tawa or Pan on low medium heat.
- Pour ladleful of batter and spread by rotating the pan.
- The top side will become non sticky in a few seconds.
- Flip it when the top side becomes non sticky.
- Keep flipping and cooking till you see brown spots on both sides.
- Apply ghee or oil or butter.
- The paratha will puff automatically once it is cooked properly on both sides.
- Take out and enjoy hot or cold.