EGGLESS,WHOLE WHEAT, MUFFIN WITH LEFTOVER CEREAL
This is a perfect recipe for an eggless, whole wheat, muffin with leftover cereal or granola.Whether you are 8 or 80, this muffin is an absolute delight. A common problem in most of the households is the leftover cereal or granola which nobody wants to eat or it has turned soggy or simply you have got bored of the taste. Sometimes the cereal turns crumbly towards the end. If you have been throwing away that leftover cereal all this while, then this recipe will help you turn creative and use all leftovers (be it cereal or granola or custard powder) into this absolutely delicious and wholesome muffin.
This eggless, whole wheat, Muffin with leftover cereal can be stored at room temperature for 4 days. Can be stored upto two weeks if refrigerated.
You can combine this muffin with a glass of milk to make a complete breakfast.
This muffin contains the goodness of whole grain like whole wheat and Oat.
Due to inclusion of these wholesome ingredients, this muffin is ideal as a breakfast muffin. And since this is a make ahead breakfast item, this makes a perfect item for carry on breakfasts. Also, this muffin gives you a chance to utilize many leftover ingredients. Apart from leftover cereal, I have also added leftover custard powder. The flavor is not a concern here. Any flavored custard will do the job.
To convert this eggless, whole wheat, muffin with leftover cereal to a vegan version, simply replace dairy milk and yogurt to plant based milk and yogurt.
To check my other recipes for Cakes and breads, please visit https://fitnfast.org/category/breads-and-cakes/
you may also check some tasty dips, spreads and chutneys.
Eggless Whole Wheat Muffin with leftover Cereal
- 1 cup thick yogurt You may use greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup oil Use any oil which is mildly flavored like olive oil or vegetable oil.
- ¾ cup jaggery If you don't have jaggery, use any variety of unrefined brown sugar.
- 1 cup cereal or granola If you don't have any leftover cereal, use roasted rolled oats.
- 1½ cup Whole Wheat flour
- ¼ cup custard powder. you can use custard powder in any flavor or cornflour. If using cornflour, add 1 tsp vanilla extract to the batter. I used vanilla flavored custard powder so I did not add vanilla extract separately.
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or any nut of your choice.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat Oven to 375°F/190°C .
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients listed under wet ingredients. lightly whisk and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients to form a soft batter.
- Line Muffin mould and fill batter. Make sure to fill only 3/4th of the capacity.
- Sprinkle any leftover cereal or granola or any nuts of your choice. If you like seeds, you can sprinkle some chia seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, check by inserting a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clear that means the muffin is done. If the toothpick comes out carrying any batter, bake for 5 more minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool. Store and enjoy this wholesome delicious eggless, whole wheat Cereal Muffin with a glass of milk as a complete breakfast.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories474
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 4mg 2%
- Sodium 227mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
- Sugars 24g
- Protein 13g 26%
- Vitamin A 1%
- Vitamin C 1%
- Calcium 12%
- Iron 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
30 thoughts on “EGGLESS,WHOLE WHEAT, MUFFIN WITH LEFTOVER CEREAL”
best use of leftover cereal.
I tried and it was perfect.
I tried this recipe. Tasted perfect.
You must be logged in to post a comment.