Handmade Vegan Lentil Pasta, Gluten Free Vegan Pasta
Here is an easy and gluten free Handmade Vegan Lentil Pasta recipe for all Pasta lovers out there, who want to incorporate more fibre and more protein in their everyday diet.
The recipe is very simple as it requires just 4 basic pantry ingredients. The 5th ingredient is water. The key ingredient for this pasta is Red Lentil Flour. Red Lentil or Masoor Dal is widely consumed in every part of India. If you have a high speed blender at home, then you can make Lentil flour in a jiffy at home. Else, you can use store bought ready made flour. The other ingredients are rice flour (you can also use tapioca flour), salt and oil.
If you want, you can dry and store the homemade handmade Vegan Lentil Pasta and use them as required. The drier ones may need a few extra seconds to cook. The fresh ones cook faster than the wheat pasta. You can put them in boiling water and remove in 2 to 3 minutes if you prefer an al dente texture.
Hope you will give this recipe a try and leave your comments.
If you are interested in more pasta or similar recipes, then please do check
You can also find these recipes on my Instagram Handle.
Handmade Vegan Lentil Pasta
- Vitamix Blender (I used the dry Jar for grinding Lentil)
- 1¼ cup Red Lentil , known as Masoor Dal in Hindi
- 6 tbsp Rice Flour or Tapioca Flour
- ½ cup Water if you have leftover water after making Paneer, you can use it. Else, use plain water.
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Add Red Lentil to a high speed blender and grind to a fine powder. Alternatively, you can use readymade store bought lentil flour.
- Take out the lentil flour and add to a dry bowl.
- Add Rice flour.
- Also add salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add water to make a dough. I had to use 1/2 cup of water but depending on the quality of rice and lentil, you may need more or less than that. Thats why the suggestion is to add water gradually.
- Add a tsp of oil and incorporate into the dough.
- Since this is gluten free dough, you need not rest it. You can make pasta immediately.
- Take a lemon sized dough ball.
- Sprinkle some rice flour in your work surface to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Roll the dough to a thin sheet.
- Cut into 3×2 cm rectangles using a ravioli wheel cutter or a knife.
- Press in the center to form a bow.
- If you want to make fettuccine, then cut into thin strips.
- The prepared pasta can be dried and stored for later use.
- Whenever you want to use, add some water to a pan.
- Bring it to a boil. Add salt.
- Drop the pasta gently.
- Once cooked, the pasta will start to float.
- Remove it from water. The lentil pastas cook in2-3 minutes. So please make sure not to overcook them.
- Use the cooked pasta in any recipe of your choice. You can add them to simple marinara sauce, or pesto, or white sauce or any other recipe of your choice.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories186
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.29g 2%
- Sodium 168.18mg 8%
- Potassium 274.75mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.56g 19%
- Sugars 0.01g
- Protein 10.15g 21%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.