Creole Style Eggless Cornbread , Holiday Eggless Cornbread
Want to try out something different with our Indian style Makki ka aata? Then this Creole Style Eggless Cornbread is a good option. This is also a delicious option to use any leftover rice.
This Creole Style Eggless Cornbread can be a delicious addition to your festive menu. Easy to make, requiring simple pantry ingredients, this will definitely spice up your Christmas feast.
The recipe credit for this Creole Style cornbread goes to You Tube channel Smokin’ & Grillin’ wit AB. I have made some changes to the recipe to make it eggfree. And in place of canned cream style corn, I have made use of fresh corn.
The Creole style cornbread is more moist as compared to regular corn breads. Also, it puts leftover cooked rice to a very good use. Baking cornbread in a cast iron skillet gives the best result. But if you want, you can back it in a regular cake pan.
This recipe will yield 8 servings. Each serving is of approx 230 Kcal, with 19 grams of Carbs and 9 grams of Protein.
If you want to try some more heart healthy main course recipes, then please do check these recipes
If you want to join me on my journey of wholesome wellness, please do like, subscribe and follow fitnfast recipes on
Creole Style E ggless Cornbread, Holiday Eggless Cornbreadfitnfastrecipes
- Cast Iron Skillet (6 inches in Diameter)
- Oven for Baking
- 2-3 mixing bowls
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal. As a substitute, you can use Indian style Makai ka aata.
- 1 cup cooked rice. Use either brown or white rice.
- ½ cup onions. Finely chopped.
- 1 piece jalapeno pepper. As a substitute, use any other mild green chilli.
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp flax meal you can grind flax seeds in a blender and use.
- 3 tbsp water
- 1¼ cup milk(dairy or vegan)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup fresh corn for this recipe, I have coarsely blended 1/2 cup fresh corn with 1/4 cup of milk and used. As a substitute, you can use 1/2 a cup of cream style corn which is easily available in all grocery stores in the US.
- 1½ cup grated cheddar cheese use any vegan cheese for a vegan option.
- 1 tbsp cornmeal to dust the cast iron skillet.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Add fresh or frozen (but thawed) corn to a small blender jar along with 1/4 cup of milk.
- Blend to a coarse paste.
- In a small bowl, prepare flax egg by adding flax meal and 3 tbsp of water. Stir and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the remaining ingredients listed under Wet Ingredients including the prepared flax egg.
- Add the coarsely ground corn paste.
- Stir everything together.
- In another mixing bowl, add all ingredients listed under Dry Ingredients.
- Now, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Combine well.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Grease a 6 inches cast iron skillet on all sides.
- Dust with some corn meal.
- Pour the prepared batter.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Take out, check with a toothpick.
- Enjoy directly from the skillet, or slice and serve with any gravy based curry. It is equally delicious to have on its own too.
- For this recipe, I have coarsely blended 1/2 cup fresh corn with 1/4 cup of milk and used. As a substitute, you can use 1/2 a cup of cream style corn which is easily available in all grocery stores in the US.
- You can use either fresh or frozen sweet corns. If using the frozen corns, then thaw and use.
- Cast iron skillet gives the best result for this bread. But if you want, you can bake it in a regular baking pan as well.
- For the vegan option, use any vegan milk and cheese for this recipe.