Eggless Oats Papaya Muffin, Vegan Oats Papaya Muffin
If you love to bake, then this delicious eggless oats papaya muffin is definitely a must try. Loaded with fruity flavors of papaya, this includes the goodness of oats, whole wheat flour, jaggery and flax meal.
This is a very simple recipe as it does not call for any fancy ingredients like nuts or choco chips. Yet this is a perfect breakfast muffin recipe and puts leftover papaya to the best use.
Papaya is a wonder fruit and a powerhouse of Vitamin A. But normally this is not a favourite fruit for many. Its pungent smell may put off kids. If your kids or other family members dislike papaya, then this eggless oats papaya muffin recipe lets you feed papaya to those people.
Papaya has many different names all over the globe. In Australia, the popular name is pawpaw. In southern Asia, it’s sometimes called a kepaya, lapaya, or tapaya. Its name in French is sometimes “figueir des iles,” or fig of the islands. Some Spanish names for papaya include “melon zapote,” “fruta bomba,” or “mamona.”
If you love baking, then please do check these recipes of mine.
I only make recipes which are without refined flour, refined sugar or without deep frying. So I am sure that you will join me on this culinary journey of wholesome wellness. You can follow me on
Eggless Oats Papaya Muffin, a wholesome treat
- ½ cup oats flour Grind oats in a blender and use. Or, you can use readymade flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup thick yogurt Use mashed banana or peanut curd for a vegan option.
- ½ cup jaggery or brown sugar If you are adding mashed banana, then please reduce the quantity of jaggery by 2 tbsp.
- 1 tbsp any neutral flavored oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 No flax egg Mix 1 tbsp of flax meal with 3 tbsp of water. keep aside for 5 minutes and use.
- 1 cup ripe papaya cubes
- Mix 1 tbsp of flax meal with 3 tbsp of water. keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add all wet ingredients (except papaya) in another bowl.
- Add the prepared flax egg which would have turned into a gel in 5 minutes.
- Combine wet and dry mix together.
- Add cubed papaya pieces and mix gently.
- Immediately pour the batter into a lined muffin mould. This recipe will make 6 large size muffins.
- Top with few papaya chunks.
- Bake in a preheated oven @400°F/200°C for 20 minutes.
- Take out and check with a toothpick. Depending on your oven, sometimes it may take a few extra minutes to bake.
- Enjoy a wholesome delicious meal.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories252
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.36g 2%
- Cholesterol 1.42mg 1%
- Sodium 296.41mg 13%
- Potassium 273.52mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 6.24g 25%
- Sugars 2.91g
- Protein 8.28g 17%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.