Frying Pan Cake, Upside Down Banana Cake
Here is a simple recipe for a frying pan cake recipe for all my foodie friends. This upside down cake in a Frying Pan has been made with Bananas but you can use any other fruit of your choice.
The other key ingredient in this cake recipe is semolina (known as Suji or Rava in Hindi) since I don’t use refined flour for any of my recipes. Semolina absorbs more moisture and helps to keep the cake fluffy. Also, semolina takes very less time to cook. Here I have used a finer variety of semolina popularly known as Chiroti Rava in India. You can grind regular semolina in a blender and use.
I have a similar recipe for Semolina Mango cake which is a must try recipe in the season of mangoes.
For more baking recipes with semolina, please do check these recipes.
If you want to join me on my journey of wholesome wellness, please do like, subscribe and follow fitnfast recipes on
- 3/4 cup Banana Puree or Mashed Banana
- 2.5 tbsp Oil 2.5 tbsp
- 6 tbsp Jaggery or Brown Sugar 6 tbsp
- 3/4 cup Fine Semolina Suji or Chiroti Rava in Hindi
- 1/8 tsp Salt 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
Ingredients to layer in the Pan
- 1 No Banana 1
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Oil to grease the pan.
- Heat a heavy griddle for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Grease a 6 inch frying pan, sprinkle some brown sugar and then arrange Banana slices.
- Mix all ingredients of the cake together.
- Immediately pour over the layered banana slices and spread evenly.
- cover the pan. If there is a steam vent in the lid, cover that too so that the steam does not escape while cooking.
- Keep the frying pan on top of the hot griddle. Lower the flame and cook for about 35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick if the cake is cooked.
- Invert onto a plate and then put it back in the same pan upside down so that the bottom part also browns.
- Don't cover this time and cook on medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, slice and serve this nutritious cake.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories203
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.91g 5%
- Sodium 166.34mg 7%
- Potassium 223.05mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.05g 9%
- Sugars 14.64g
- Protein 3.17g 7%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.