Low Calorie Rose Coconut Macaroon
Not all desserts are sinful. This Low calorie Rose coconut macaroon is a perfect weight watchers recipe. Try this simple, vegan, gluten free snack recipe for your dessert cravings.
This recipe is very easy and requires just eight simple ingredients easily available in any Indian kitchen.
Not only are the ingredients simple, the process of making this low calorie rose coconut macaroon is also very simple. Just combine all ingredients in a bowl. Knead and form into balls and then back. That’s it. Your delicious macaroons are ready which are perfect for anytime snacking.
These macaroons contain just 62 calories. This recipe will yield 16 macaroons. I have used dessicated coconut here but you can substitute dessicated coconut with fresh coconut. If using fresh coconut, then dry roast for a few minutes till moisture evaporates and then use.
If you prefer a very intense rose flavor, then you can try using 2 tbsp of Rooh Afza (a famous rose drink concentrate which is widely consumed in India). In that case, you can omit sugar since Rooh afza contains a lot of sugar.
If you are looking for some more low cal snacks or desserts, then please do check my other recipes
If you want to join me on my journey of wholesome wellness, please do like, subscribe and follow fitnfast recipes on
Low Calorie Coconut Macaroon, Vegan Gluten Free Snackfitnfastrecipes
- 2 cups Dessicated Coconut
- ¼ cup Tapioca Starch. You can use cornstarch as a substitute.
- 2 tbsp Unrefined cane sugar
- ½ cup Coconut Milk . Use Dairy milk for non vegan option.
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil. Use Ghee for non vegan option
- 2 tsp Rose Water
- 2-3 drops Red food colour
- Ingredients Required.
- Add all ingredients except dessicated coconut to a bowl.
- Stir everything so that tapioca starch gets mixed with milk.
- Add dessicated coconut.
- Mix everything till well combined.
- Lightly knead with your hands so that the dough comes together.
- Take about a tbsp of dough.
- Using a round tablespoon, make macaroons on a lined cookie sheet.
- Make about 16 macaroons.
- Bake in a preheated oven @360°F/180°C for 30 minutes.
- Take out. Store and enjoy a delicious snack.
16 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories62
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 20%
- Sodium 39.32mg 2%
- Potassium 43.18mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.02g 5%
- Sugars 2.31g
- Protein 0.57g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.