Moong Dal Cookies, Yellow Lentil Cookies
These easy and healthy Moong Dal Cookies have become my all time favorite indulgence. I love recipes requiring just 3 key ingredients and ready within minutes.
Moong Dal or Yellow Lentil is a staple diet in India and is a good fitness fix for calorie counters. Moong dal is an excellent source of plant protein.
For these easy Moong Dal cookies, I have used the split yellow lentils and powdered them using a high speed blender (I am a big fan of my VitaMix).
You can either powder Moong Dal using a high speed blender or use store bought Moong flour. Or, use Chickpea flour or Besan as a substitute.
For the best results, measure Moong Dal after grinding.
This recipe is inspired from the famous Persian chickpea cookies-Nan-e Nokhodchi which is made of Besan.
For the vegan variation of this recipe, you simply need to replace ghee with either coconut oil or olive oil.
I am a big fan of easy, simple and wholesome recipes.If you want to try out some more easy dessert recipes, please do check the recipes below.
If you want to join me on my journey of wholesome wellness, please like, subscribe, and follow fitnfastrecipes on:
Moong Dal Cookies, Yellow Lentil Cookiesfitnfastrecipes
- High Speed Blender
- 1½ cup Ground Moong Dal Yellow Lentil Use Chickpea flour or Besan as a substitute
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Ghee Use Coconut Oil or Olive Oil for Vegan variation
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- a few tbsp Milk Add milk to adjust the consistency of dough.
- 1 tbsp Pistachio or any Nut for topping
- Grind Moong Dal to a fine powder sing a high speed blender. You can also use store bought moong dal flour. Or, use Chickpea flour or Besan as a substitute. Measure 1.5 cups after grinding.
- Beat ghee and sugar until creamy.
- Add cardamom powder, rose water and salt and mix.
- Add ground lentil and knead to make a soft dough.
- Add a few tbsp of any milk if the dough appears to be dry.
- Knead till you are able to form soft balls.
- Cover and keep the dough aside for half an hour.
- Roll out to about 6mm thickness.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Sprinkle pistachio or any nut of your choice and press gently.
- Bake in a preheated oven @350°F/180°C for 15 to 17 minutes.
- The cookies will firm up as they cool.
20 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories114
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.63g 19%
- Cholesterol 17.01mg 6%
- Sodium 11.18mg 1%
- Potassium 11.25mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
- Sugars 8.11g
- Protein 2.39g 5%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.