Whole Wheat Black Carrot Cake
You will love this incredibly moist and easy Whole Wheat Black Carrot Cake recipe with a delicious cream cheese frosting. It’s effortless to make and tastes incredible.This Whole Wheat Black Carrot Cake is a simple cake but can be very quickly converted into a festive cake.
For this recipe, I have used Black Carrots for some added nutrients and also I wanted to experiment with black carrots. But you are free to use any other variety of carrot. Believe me, the cake will still taste delicious.
Incredibly nutritious, black carrots have high amounts of anthocyanins, a pigment that gives the vegetable a deep purple colour that looks almost black. Winters in India are incomplete without various carrot preparations.
I have used regular whole wheat flour which is used for making chapati or roti for this recipe. The brand that I used is Ashirwad which is a very popular Indian Brand for whole wheat. Again, this is a very forgiving recipe, so feel free to use any variety of whole wheat flour.
If you want a healthy lifestyle , then please do check some more healthy baking recipes of mine.
If you want to join me on my journey of wholesome wellness, please like, subscribe, and follow fitnfastrecipes on:
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
- ½ cup Milk Use any Vegan Milk for Vegan Option
- 1½ tbsp Vinegar
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Grated Black Carrots you can use any other variety of carrot like red or orange.
- 1 tbsp Yogurt or Milk Add only to adjust consistency of the batter
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add vinegar to Milk and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add Oil,Brown Sugar and Vanilla Extract to a bowl.
- Beat with a hand whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add the curdled milk and mix well.
- Sift Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon together.
- Add to the wet Mix.
- Add walnuts or any other nut of your choice.
- Add grated carrots.
- If the batter appears thick, then add a tbsp of milk or yogurt.
- Grease a 6 inch round pan or a bundt pan.
- Pour the batter and tap a few times.
- Bake in a preheated oven @350°F/180°C for 35040 minutes.
- Take out and let cool completely.
- For frosting, mix all ingredients.
- Fill in a piping bag.
- Decorate the cooled cake with frosting.
- Arrange some candied slices of carrots.
16 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories227
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 402.94mg 17%
- Potassium 135.81mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.34g 14%
- Sugars 14.01g
- Protein 5.47g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.